If you are involved in the manufacture of skin care, personal care, air care, OTC health, or cleaning products, I can help you with new product development.
I have a personal collection of over 500 essential oils, absolutes and CO2 extracts, and a library of some 10,000 journal articles.
My competencies include data mining, functional fragrances, pharmacology, safety, delivery systems and technical writing. I have a passion for innovation, and I have 35 years experience in developing essential oil-based products.
- Produced more than 50 new functional fragrances by combining natural perfumery with the therapeutic, hygienic, or cosmeceutical properties of essential oils.
- Established the first company in the UK to market aromatherapy products, promoting the industry-leading Tisserand branded products.
- Many of these products have won awards in the UK.
- Early pioneer of using lavender as a product concept for skin soothing and calming products despite negative connotation; lavender oil and products now account for a large portion of company sales.
- First innovator outside of Australia to commit to the use of tea tree oil in natural products, developing a tea tree shampoo.
- Expansive knowledge of essential oil chemistry, metabolism, pharmacology, and toxicology, as well as the understanding of the psychological and behavioral effects of odor.
If you would like my help with a product development project, please contact me.